Sunday, January 5, 2014

Baby Joseph, my sweet little nephew!

Well, after a lot of waiting, he is finally here This sweet little boy was born on Friday, January 3, 2014, a little after 6 P.M.  Weighing in at 7 pounds, 10 ounces, and 19 inches long! My goodness!

So, he was originally due on December 20th... They then changed the date to January 3rd...  Then, they decided to induce her on The 2nd at 6:45A.M.  The hospital was full, so they changed it to a  little late on that day, and finally, it was changed to 7:00  A.M. the next day. Jeez, poor Rachel! 

So, I stayed at Rachel's house with her, my mother, and Rachel's best friend, Tracy. Rachel was having awful contractions from 4:00 on.  We decided to watch a funny movie, so we put on "This Is The End."  Which is soooo funny!  We laughed and laughed, and this included my overly Catholic mother.  So good!  Her laughing at all of the inappropriateness made it even better!

I stayed up all night with poor Rachel,and we kept thinking that at any moment, it would be time!  No such luck...  We stayed up until it was time for her to go be induced.  So, we all went to the hospital!  They broke her water immediately, and then it was just time to wait.  I brought yarn to make him a blankie with, and it is as long as she was in labor for!!! 

And now it is time for me to rant about how stupid the hospital is...  This one nurse came into the waiting room to talk to the family.  She was all like, "Maybe the mother feels bad that you are all here waiting, and that you are putting pressure on her to be faster."  Blahblahblah.  So then she said she would ask Rachel if she would be more comfortable if we left, and she is in labor, and says, "I don't know.  Do they want to leave?"  And then the nurse says, "He's not going to be here for several hours, maybe not until the morning.  Why don't you all go home, eat some food, and call in a little while?"

So, we all left, after being there at this time for about 14 hours straight.  We didn't want to, so we were all a little butt-hurt.  Tracy and I went to the bar for a drink.  Not 5 minutes after sitting down, we get a call from Rachel asking us why we left, and that she wanted us there.  So, we decide to finish our drinks and head up.  Immediately after this, we get another call.  Rachel needed to get an emergency cesarean section!!!  WTF?  Jeez, and that nurse had just told us to leave!!!  At this point, Tracy and I are freaking out!  Oh jeez, oh jeez!  It's a good thing that Tracy decided we needed a drink!  If not, I would be home, stranded without a car, or a way to the hospital, and Tracy would be on her way home in the middle of nowhere with poor cell reception!

So now, we have all regathered in the waiting room.  Tension's getting pretty bad, and Grumples was really worried about Rachel Ann!  After a while, we get the call that they're all done, and everyone is doing great!  And there you have it, little baby Joseph!!!

And here it is, the part that really mademe cry!  My Grumples, holding his great grandson!  Baby Joseph and Grumple Joe!  Jeez, this has been so amazing, and so crazy!  I am excited for the wonderful adventures that I will be having with my lovely little nephew!


Anonymous said...

Oh by goodness! I can't believe you all went through this. I'm so glad baby Joseph is here safe and sound. Your poor sister, so sorry it was such an ordeal for her. Ugh, I'm frustrated for all of you about how it all played out. Thank goodness everyone is ok. Darling pictures!

Sonja said...

Aw, Aunt Heather. Congrats to your whole family. So glad Joseph is here in loving arms and you are all well.

BFree said...

Congratulations Heather! Stupid hospitals always make things harder, not how things should go. But thankful you have a healthy nephew. Enjoy him.